DevOps Engineer (f/m/g)
Nothing works without infrastructure! The ideal would be a secure, lightweight, fast, adaptable and expandable environment. You see it the same way? Then we should get to know each other! We are currently looking for reinforcement for our DevOps. With us, you will be part of an innovative team of dedicated specialists in the field of SAP archiving and document management. You will take technical responsibility for our tool and process landscape and consistently develop it further. In the future, your work will enable our customers to use kgs products as software as a service.
KGS Software GmbH, headquartered in Neu-Isenburg, Germany, stands for highest competence in the field of SAP archiving and document management. For over 20 years, top companies worldwide have relied on KGS solutions when it comes to lean, high-performance archiving. tia - the intelligent archive - makes companies fit for the digital future in archiving.
Your design field
- You take responsibility for the proper operation and further development of our system landscape
- You research, test and evaluate server hardware and services with regard to KPIs, present them internally and then implement them
- You administer existing clusters by selecting, installing and configuring suitable technologies and keeping them up-to-date
- You drive the use of container technologies, especially Kubernetes and Docker, and develop appropriate security measures in parallel
- You instantiate test machines (memory, RAM, CPU) using Terraform templates and then set up kgs products
- You will be responsible for setting up, deploying and redeploying Linux-based virtual machines (VM) using OpenStack or Proxmox, as well as their protection
- You support our product releases by configuring our build process in Maven, especially the dependency management; the rest of the pipeline includes the following stack in the context of CI/CD: Gitlab, Docker, git, OSGi, Java technologies (servlet API, JEE), SSH, Linux
- You actively contribute to the expansion of our CI/CD pipelines and support quality assurance through manual or automated product tests, if required
- You have successfully completed your IT studies or have the relevant professional experience
- Your greatest strength is that you research new technologies out of your own interest, pick them up very quickly and try them out yourself
- Your technical strengths include Linux/Unix scripting, networks and TCP/IP as well as virtual machines
- Experience as a system administrator, knowledge in the area of container platforms or with Java will make it easier for you to familiarise yourself with us
- You want to bring your ideas and experience with Infrastructure as Code, also from the private sector, to us.
- Choose your notebook and take a matching mobile phone.
- Enjoy flexible working hours and flexible work schedules
- As part of our R&D, you will work in a small, hand-picked team of colleagues with a combined 39 years of industry and product experience in a professional and relaxed atmosphere
- Regular team events. For example, skiing in January or going to Croatia for 10 days. At least that's how it was before Corona and hopefully it will be again soon...
- We offer a very well-structured induction and subsequently a high degree of personal responsibility
- The opportunity to actively participate in and shape our expanding company
- You determine your career. With us there are no "well-trodden paths" but flexible opportunities for aspiring talents
- You will receive a remuneration package in line with the market and your performance