Linux System Admin (w/m/g)
Nothing works without infrastructure! The ideal would be a secure, lightweight, fast, adaptable and expandable environment. You see it the same way?
Then we should get to know each other!
With us, you are part of a progressive team around the topics of IT system landscape and DevOps. You will take technical responsibility for the operation of our internal applications and consistently develop our IT infrastructure. In the future, your work will enable our customers to use kgs products as software as a service.
KGS Software GmbH, headquartered in Neu-Isenburg, Germany, stands for highest competence in the field of SAP archiving and document management. For over 20 years, top companies worldwide have relied on KGS solutions when it comes to lean, high-performance archiving. tia - the intelligent archive - makes companies fit for the digital future in archiving.Since the kgs was founded, working from home has been an integral part of our work organization.
Your design field
- You take responsibility for the proper operation and further development of our system landscape
- You instantiate test machines (memory, RAM, CPU) using Terraform templates and then deploy kgs products
- You will be responsible for setting up, deploying and redeploying Linux-based virtual machines (VM) using Proxmox, as well as protecting them
- You administer existing clusters by selecting, installing, configuring and updating appropriate technologies
- You monitor and maintain our backup solutions, for example using Veeam
- You check our security measures (e.g. pfSense) and adjust them if necessary
- You configure, implement and maintain our network infrastructure including routing and switching (QNAP, Nexus)
- You research, test and evaluate server hardware and services in terms of KPI, present them internally and implement them afterwards
- You extend our knowledge hub in Confluence and advise DevOps Engineers on new technologies and solutions
- You are an experienced Linux system administrator, ideally with experience from a software development company.
- Your greatest strength is that you research new technologies out of your own interest, pick them up very quickly and try them out yourself
- Your technical strengths are in the areas of Linux/Unix scripting, Proxmox, Gitlab, pfSense, network topology and TCP/IP as well as virtual machines.
- Fluent German and good English skills
- Since the founding of kgs, working from home has been a fixed part of our work organization
- Choose your notebook and take a matching cell phone
- Enjoy flexible working hours and share your work flexibly
- As part of our R&D, you will work in a small, hand-picked team of colleagues with a total of 39 years of industry and product experience in a professional and relaxed atmosphere.
- Regular team events. For example 5 days of skiing in January. Or going to Croatia for 10 days. At least before and hopefully also again after Corona...
- We offer a very well-structured induction and subsequently a high level of personal responsibility
- The opportunity to actively participate in and shape our expanding company.
- You determine your career. With us there are no "well-trodden paths", but flexible opportunities for aspiring talents.
- You will receive a compensation package in line with the market and your performance